Seller: Box.net, Inc.
Size matters: Get a FREE 50 GB lifetime account for file storage and sharing through Dec. 2, 2011. To get your automatic upgrade, download the Box app on your iPhone or iPad and register or sign in to your account – it’s that easy.
Box provides simple, secure sharing from anywhere – letting you easily store files online, send big files fast, access content on-the-go, and collaborate with others. Box for iPhone and iPad lets you:
Features for iPad
- View files directly on your iPhone and iPad
- Share files easily with a link
- Upload photos to your Box account (iPhones only)
- Open files in other apps installed on your device, like Documents to Go and GoodReader (iPads only)
- Secure content with file-level encryption, a four-digit passcode and automatic logout when the app is closed
- Project files from Box to a TV, LCD monitor or projector via AV Out (iPads and iPhone 4S only); wirelessly stream content using AirPlay (iPad 2 and iPhone 4S only)
- Wirelessly print to AirPrint-enabled printers (iPads only)
- You can only upload via iPhone App (iPad App can only view & download however you can enable email to upload)
- The Box Sync App for desktops (mac & pc) are enterprise softwares that cost money per month (but you can still view your files on website)
Overall, Box.Net is a steal for the promotion of free life time 50GB storage space if you use box.net app on iOS before December 2nd, 2011!!
But after, that the cost of the desktop syncing per month & poorly written iPad app (no uploads using the iPad app) can give dropbox a chance to play catch up.
Tips to enable email to upload option, so that you can upload using your iPad.
- Go to box.net (Using your desktop)
- Go to files -> create folder
- Click the down arrow -> Folder properties -> Advance properties
- Click on the “Email Options” tab
- Check the check box of “Allow uploads to this folder via email” & press “okie”
- Click on down arrow again -> click upload to this folder
- Click “Email files to this folder”
- Take down the email address for uploading to that folder.
- Send the email address to your iPad via email (or some other ways e.g. pen & paper)
- Create an contact using that email for future use to upload photos, videos, documents using that email address!
The whole process of enabling “email to upload” & iPad App unable to “browse & upload photos & videos” feels very complex & not very user friendly overall but for people who wanted FREE 50GB storage space for life…this is something to get over the tide for now until box.net developers enhanced the iPad App :D.
Happy Cloud Sharing!
Type: Universal App
Seller: Box.net, Inc.
Price for iPhone: Free (As of: October 15, 2011 Report)
Price for iPad: Free (As of: October 15, 2011 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!
***Disclosure***The developer may have provided a “promo code” or paid for a video review for this app review. The provision of a promo code does not impact the outcome of the app review.