Seller: Penpower Technology Ltd.
Snap2PDF, the ideal solution for all your business and personal needs, is a portable scanner that lets you scan documents at ease.
It works on OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology and transfers the content from a document to your iPhone in the blink of an eye. Take a snap of the document and there you are! It has been saved as a PDF file and is ready for use.
- Effortless scanning and management of multi-page documents
- Speedy data transfer to searchable PDF files
- Smart recognition of text in 21 languages
- Easy document search
- Convenient file management
- Special image enhancing feature
- Handy anti-shake function
- Simple upload of files to Cloud storage such as Dropbox
- Quick sharing of documents through email
- Innovative functions like Image rectification and Gamma correction
This app does the job of organizing your whiteboards, receipts, business cards, magazine articles, posters, print outs, coupons and newspaper clippings. Scanning multi-page documents can now be done continuously, with no waiting whatsoever. You can search for scanned PDF files by keywords, document name, description and OCR text.
Snap2PDF recognizes text in 21 languages that include English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Dutch, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
You can now efficiently manage your documents by creating categories and grouping them accordingly. Details such as the document name, description, category, keyword etc can be added and also edited whenever needed.
Snap2PDF has an image enhancing function that provides additional clarity and eliminates data recognition issues.
It has an anti-shake feature and also allows scanned images to be rotated. Files can be uploaded to Cloud storage and emailed.
With a sleek document scanner in your hand, you needn’t fret when you’ve got some important business cards or paperwork that need to be scanned right away. Download Snap2PDF now for efficient document management.
- Very quick to “scan” documents by taking photographs using your iPhone compared to clunky non-portable scanners
- Ability to OCR the images meaning you can search the words within the images!
- Add multiple images into a single PDF, very handy indeed
- Able to email the jpg, pdf files to your intended viewers.
- Able to share to dropbox is very convenient!
- Quality of scans depending heavily on the position of your iPhone, if the shadow covers the document it may not be clear
- Lightings are crucial, use FLASH (top left option when taking a photo) to brighten up when taking the photo or use other light source to eliminate shadows
- This app can only work with iPhone 3GS, iPhone4 and iPhone 4S as the quality of images is crucial
I fully understand the desire of wanting a quick document scanner taking full advantage of the quality of the iPhone 4/4S camera, however I still believe it’s best to either use the scanner or make a DIY device to put the iPhone at the optimal height for scanning.
Check out this clever iPhone document scanner, which was made Cincinnati design student Kyle A Koch, so that he could photograph documents easily with his iPhone.
The iPhone document scanner is made from cardboard, and it places the iPhone at the correct distance from the paper to photograph it.
If you would like to make your own, Kyle has uploaded instructions on how to make your own, full details can be found here.
This application is suitable for people who want to send a document that doesn’t want the other party to amend but able to search for text within the PDF like resumes, terms & conditions, specifications of products, contracts, certificates, receipts, invoices, homework, whiteboard, posters, news articles, magazines and much much more.
Type: iPhone/iPodTouch Only
Seller: Penpower Technology Ltd.
Price for iPhone: $1.99 (As of: February 22, 2012 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!
***Disclosure***The developer may have provided a “promo code” or paid for a video review for this app review. The provision of a promo code does not impact the outcome of the app review.