Seller: Penpower Technology Ltd.
WorldCard HD transforms your iPad into an intelligent Customer Relationship Manager.
This is the iPad version of the award-winning business card scanning application, WorldCard Mobile.
Powered with an advanced version of OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology, this utilitarian app offers the best of business card scanning. WorldCard HD has an intuitive combination of an easy-to-use interface and a powerful search tool that allows finding required information in seconds.
Each business card is represented as a record in a special table with standard attributes such as name, address, company name and others – no typing and less chances for mess up!
The resolution of the image taken by iPad 2 camera might not be good enough for recognition.
We suggest you add contacts into WorldCard HD by the following methods.
- Add images from iPhone 4S/4/3GS Photo Stream
- Import WorldCard Data (*.wcxf) from iCloud or Dropbox storage services or via iTunes Files Sharing.
- If using iPhone 4/4S to take the photograph…character recognition with OCR technology will be almost 85% to 99% accurate
- Batch card recognition: Allows you to scan and recognize large numbers of cards at a time.
- Creates contact groups as you wish. With the effective search tool, finding the right contact will never be a problem from now on.
- Easy tap operation: Lets you achieve multiple functions such as connecting with FaceTime or Google map and sending emails just by tapping on the collected information from business cards.
- Google Map connectivity: Connect to Google Map.
- Stretch your social networking horizon: Get connected to your contacts with a single touch. The system will smartly use information such as names and emails to search on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter right away.
- Information sharing in the cloud: iCloud and Dropbox integration makes data exchange and backup a breeze. Furthermore, you can exchange contact data with Worldcard Mobile.
- Data exchange: share contacts information to PC by iTunes File Sharing.
- Image optimization: Enhances images to have them in the best definition always.
- This iPad application is only benefit people who HAVE an iPhone 4/4S that can take better quality photograph.
- After editing the business card image, you need to press done other wise your edit won’t be saved properly.
- I hope the google map integration have a “route” feature to put a route path from your GPS location to your target destination of your selected contract
- I also wish there’s a smarter duplicate contact detection by custom search (e.g. by duplicate mobile number and/or name) so that the duplicate “person” can be detected
- The price of this application is a little too expensive, maybe the developer can lower the price to below $10 and put some features as in-app purchase instead
Overall, this app is pretty useful for scanning batch business cards and adding to your address book quickly.
However there are some degree of errors if you are using poor quality camera and it will take some time to manually inspect & amend the errors…but it’s much faster compared to manually keying in ALL THE DATA.
Type: iPad Only
Seller: Penpower Technology Ltd.
Price for iPad: $14.99 (As of: Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!
***Disclosure***The developer may have provided a “promo code” or paid for a video review for this app review. The provision of a promo code does not impact the outcome of the app review.