Seller: Penpower Technology Ltd.
WorldCard Mobile, the leading business card scanning application for iPhone, uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to instantly transfer information from business cards to users’ native contacts.
With a simple click of the camera, you no longer have to manually input contact info from business cards or email signatures.
- Capture business card images with the iPhone’s camera.
- Support interface in different languages – English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch.
Recognition of 16 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Mexico) and Turkish. You can switch from one language to another, just like that!
- Sort recognized information by name, position, company, phone number, fax number, address or other fields.
- View and manage contact info with Card holder function. Make a phone call, send SMS and email to your contacts directly.
- Merge new business card info with existing contacts.
- Select partially and recognize the specific area that contains the correct data.
- Find your contacts on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Expand your social and professional networks.
- Exchange contact data through Open In, Mail and iTunes File Sharing. Import/export or backup your data on Mac/Windows quickly and conveniently.
- Share or backup your contacts via cloud services (iCloud / Dropbox). Manage your contacts on all devices, such as Mac PC/Windows PC/Android phone/WP7 phone.
- Recognize QR code to get more information easily.
- Copy email signatures and add them to your contact lists.
- Do add more languages such as Chinese for the OCR with in-app purchase
- There is no detection of duplicated contact, so that I can either remove duplicated contact or merge them with a single click
- Do add the ability to create QR code directly from the app so I can print out or email to friends as my signature image
- I hope Apple will upgrade their iPhone contacts to accept importing of WorldCard Mobile format (.wcxf) file and import the business cards photographs into the iPhone contacts.
- Add this feature of editing the contrast and brightness too for the head shot photograph
- Add more cloud services to WorldCard mobile such as insync, Sugarsync, box.net, Google Drive and other cloud services
- I also wish there’s a auto-detection of languages so that it can recognise even if the business cards is in a mixture of languages (very common in Singapore).
- This version lacks the ability to import all your iPhone contacts into Worldcard mobile
Overall, WorldCard Mobile is a very useful & efficient way to import business cards into your iPhone contacts and I believe that it will be well worth your money investing in this application.
This is a iPhone only application so if you want the iPad version which is nice too get it from the different links below.
Type: Separate App
Seller: Penpower Technology Ltd.
Price for iPhone: $6.99 (As of: August 11, 2012 Report)
Price for iPad: $14.99 (As of: August 11, 2012 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!
***Disclosure***The developer may have provided a “promo code” or paid for a video review for this app review. The provision of a promo code does not impact the outcome of the app review.