Seller: Morrissey Exchange Pty Ltd
Tips, if you had accidentally updated in your device…you still can get back v1.0.1 simply by deleting off Jasmine now on your device and syncing back to your itunes version.
If you have the older version still available in iTunes apps section, drag and drop out of itunes to make a copy for safe keeping.
Jasmine is a full-featured YouTube client for iOS!!
- Smooth and responsive interface
- Night theme & dimming support for browsing in low light
- Full support for managing playlists
- Play audio/playlists in the background while you use other apps
- Remembers your position when returning to long videos
- Parental Controls to curate content and restrict video discovery (PRO)
- Browse and discover channels
- Post comments and replies
- Aggressive filtering for comment spam and channel promotions
- Supports AirPlay
- Share videos via Twitter & Facebook
- If you have iPhone 5, it’s updated to run in full screen without black bars on the top & bottom. 😀
- Able to play the videos as audio in the background when you close the application! Good for listening to music videos & podcast while surfing the website or reading news at the same time.
- Can set to manually select the streaming quality of the video every time you play a video, this will help people to save their 3G/LTE data if they have limited data cap
- You can not only add new comments but also reply to individual comment which the YouTube app (v184.108.40.20663) can’t do.
- You can add videos to favourite and remove from favourite which the YouTube (v220.127.116.1163) can’t.
- Pretty accessible user interface that’s simple yet more features than the YouTube (v18.104.22.16863) native app.
- There’s no advertisement yet in the current version 1.0.1
- You can activate looping in the setting if you want the option to “repeat” playing the same video.
- You can edit/add/rearrange your playlist that the YouTube app (v22.214.171.12463) can’t
- It’s Universal app that can work in most iOS devices from iPhone 3GS upwards to iPad (3rd Gen) at full screen resolution (not 2x expansion on iPad)
- It’s currently FREE!
- When replying to individual comments, the reply button is a little small
- When toggling “favourite” it lags a little to toggle, I hope there’s a “beach ball” waiting image & disable the toggle while it process it’s toggle. That is to prevent user from pressing the toggle multiple times before it completes the update.
- You can’t share to google+ directly, it’s kind of weird when the whole youtube is owned by Google.
- According to the “announcement”, certain music videos by popular artist can’t be played due to some licensing issues
- You can’t access your own YouTube account “Uploads” video(s) which YouTube app (v126.96.36.19963) can.
- How come it’s listed category in iTunes app store as “News”? It should be in the “Photo and Video” category
- Where is the thumbs up or down voting feature?
Things I wish to have for Jasmine update
- Since it’s 3rd party application, maybe they can add other video sources like vimeo, blip.tv, and more with multiple logins
- I like to have the option to toggle off videos that’s not available in that particular country to hide from the browse/search results.
Overall, Jasmine is a great YouTube alternative client that’s more featured than the native YouTube App (v188.8.131.5263) which is amazing in it’s current form but I do believe there can be more things to improve on in the near future! 😀
Type: Universal App
Seller: Morrissey Exchange Pty Ltd
Price for iPhone: Free (As of: September 30, 2012 Report)
Price for iPad: Free (As of: September 30, 2012 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!