Seller: Chillingo Ltd
Winner of the prestigious Apple Design Award, Anomaly Warzone Earth HD comes to iOS and turns tower defense on its head.
This time you take control of the attacking force, pitting your heavily armored squad against the destructive towers of an alien horde.
Carefully lead your squad through the invaders’ defenses, shattering their towers and turrets with special weapons and power-ups in this groundbreaking new experience of tower offense.
Anomaly Warzone Earth Highlights
- Experience a new type of tower defense formula where you’re the attacking side.
- Deploy special weapons to break through alien defenses or use stealth to slip through unscathed.
- Think tactically and choose the right squad and route to guarantee success.
- Strategically gather resources to buy and upgrade new and more powerful units.
- Play for hours on end in three unique and engaging modes of play.
- Exclusive Squad Assault mode.
- Immerse yourself in the cutting-edge, high-definition graphics and atmospheric soundtrack.
- Unique game play compared to other games
- Excellent user interface, music, graphics, voice overs & game designs
- It’s not easy to put down once you got hooked.
- The campaign mode is a little short, I completed all the missions (using casual difficulty setting) within a day
- The upgrades of units are not brought forward to the next mission
- Any unit purchased not brought forward to next mission
- I wish there’s some nice movie cut scenes to complete the game
Overall, this game is well balanced & each mission takes about 15 minutes to 30 minutes depending on your progress.
Tips & Tricks
- Different units have different strength & weakness, exploit them for different missions
- You can sell your units at full price if your units are not damaged
- Sometimes less is more, upgrade instead of adding more units.
- Destroying towers earn you some money
- Plan your routes ahead
- Know your enemies, know your own units
I recommend this game to anyone who can afford it!! If you do NOT have iPad then get the iPhone version ($1.99) instead (But this is NOT UNIVERSAL)
If you have iPad, I recommend getting the HD version as it’s universal that can work in both iPad & iPhone & iPod Touch.
Type: Universal App
Seller: Chillingo Ltd
Price for iPhone: $3.99 (As of: October 17, 2011 Report)
Price for iPad: $3.99 (As of: October 17, 2011 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!
***Disclosure***The developer may have provided a “promo code” or paid for a video review for this app review. The provision of a promo code does not impact the outcome of the app review.