Seller: Supercell Oy
Clash of Clans is an addictive mixture of strategic planning and competitive fast-paced combats.
Raise an army of Barbarians, War Wizards, Dragons and other mighty fighters.
Join a clan of players and rise through the ranks, or create your own Clan to contest ownership of the Realm.
Driving back the goblins is just the first step – your quest isn’t over until your clan reigns supreme over all others!
- FREE TO PLAY
- Build your village into a undefeatable fortress
- Battle with players worldwide and take their Victory Points
- Join together with other players to form the ultimate Clan
- 10 unique units with multiple levels of upgrades
- Defend your village with Cannons, Towers, Mortars, Bombs, Traps and Walls
- Fight against the Goblin King in an epic campaign through the realm
- This is not just a resource farming game but a combat strategy massive multiplayer online game!
- The graphics & animation details are AMAZING
- The user interface is just perfect, you do not need much tutorial to start playing this game.
- The strategy element of the game is amazing, you can do much to defend & attack even when you are at low levels.
- The multiplayer matching is amazing too, you won’t find too high level players or too low levels to attack.
- The chat within the game is amazing too, it feels like the old IRC days however it only have limited chat history that it can store.
- This game is a productivity killer, you will abandon almost everything to play this game if you have no control haha
- When you are upgrading or collecting elixir/gold sometimes I will accidentally activate “Finish Now” and used the gems wastefully, I hope the developer can make a “Are you sure?” confirmation before continuing. (I think it’s fixed)
- As far as I observe, the experience level doesn’t seems to give you any additional benefits. Except for adding decorations
- Why a clan can only have 50 players, if there are more willing players to join but not enough space it’s tough for the clan leader to decide who to kick.
I’m hoping to have unlimited players within a clan, but only to rank the clan based on the top 50 players. This way the clan can have sufficient players to support each other in all hours of the day without needing the clan leader to decide who to keep or kick.
- I wish the developer can let clan leaders to set how many players the elders can kick per day. There’s an incident in almost all clan that some kid comes in and asked to be an elder and once the kid was promoted half the clan got kicked off the clan.
Yes, now the members can rejoin the clan by searching their clan name however not everyone play the game every day to check if they are kicked off the clan hence by the time they check the clan might be already full.
Basically, this game is one of the best free game I have ever review as it’s addictive and fun. This game draws the best strategies players into it like bees to honey and it’s just amazing what you can do with a little arrangement of your base can do to your defence.
To find out more about the game visit the developer of Clash of Clans’s facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ClashofClans
Tips & Tricks
- Auto-Lock on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad is terrible for this game, anyone can attack you as you auto lock your device so if you are plugged in with the charging cable…set your Auto-Lock to Never. However, the game will detect inactivity so you have to find a way to move the screen every few minutes
- Never leave your defensive towers exposed, the stronger the tower the more walls you should build around it & surround it with buildings.
- Different troops type have different properties hence can use different formations to attack enemies
- Learn from the best, if you just got the game go to global chat & find higher level players and view their base. While you are attacking a difficult base do take a screenshot of the base and learn how they build their base to defeat your attacking force.
- Learn from experiences, as you attack multiplayer players you can get the idea on how your troops attack and their properties so you can experiment with different formations & timing to get the best results. What’s your best formation? Do share!
- Placing some wall individually outside the base might defeat “wall breakers” troop
- Archer have lower life so don’t bunch them together against mortar tower
- Barbarians are powerful as a group
- Goblins are fast so distract the towers first before releasing the goblins!
- Giants always attack the nearest & unobstructed tower first so take note of that before you attack
- Try not to claim achievements as they add gems to your pocket which you may accidentally use them, second you might face higher level opponents faster which is dangerous if your base design is not good enough.
- When attacking multiplayer players, you can choose another base to attack if you find the base matched to you are too difficult. Choose the opponent depending on your available troops & the attacking style & priorities. If you have more goblins choose base with exposed resources and etc.
- Never wall your “Clan Castle” up as they can release troops donated by your clan members!
- When you have air units, use your ground units and destroy their anti air tower(s) first before using the air units
- Use strategy in your base building, first by knowing well the properties of your own attacking force and then re-arrange your base using basic principles of Sun Tze Art of war. For example, for people with weak walls…build the base with a hole far away from the strongest tower, this will lure attacking force to move a big distance to attack the intended target…causing great harm to their army.
- Giant & Goblin Rush Strategy: 10 x Giants, 2 x Wall Breakers, 18 x Goblins. Use one giant to tank ahead and lure the mortar first shot, then release 2 wall breaker in quick succession, then once wall broken release all giants. Once the mortar destroyed, release ALL 18 goblins in quick release. This is a tried and tested formula but beware of clan troops that may be stronger then the giants so beware. (Credit goes to clan member: HunterHunted)
- If you want do something for 5 minutes without worrying simply by doing the following.
First,have a spare builder always free when you need to go pee, eat, do something urgent like work start building something that uses your gold or elixers and to add on to that, train a full base of barbarians and then queue build a base full of giants (which is super expensive and take up 5 space)
By doing so you look like you have less resource than normal and you lock out of the game and come back in 2 min and see you had been attacked, go in quickly and cancel all the giant training queue and you may get back a substantial amount.
Category: Games, MMO
Type: Universal App
Seller: Supercell Oy
Price for iPhone: Free (As of: August 26, 2012 Report)
Price for iPad: Free (As of: August 26, 2012 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!
***Disclosure***The developer may have provided a “promo code” or paid for a video review for this app review. The provision of a promo code does not impact the outcome of the app review.