ATTENTION: iPhone 4S or iPad 2 required
The epic, award-winning saga that set the standard for sci-fi on the App Store now blazes onto the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S in Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD – taking full advantage of the A5 chip. With an App Store rating of 5.0 and a Metacritic score of 90, experience a rich and compelling outer space adventure in High Definition with immersive gameplay and an enthralling storyline, which will make for countless hours of captivating sci-fi gaming at its best!
A hyperdrive malfunction sends intergalactic adventurer and war hero Keith T. Maxwell tumbling through space and time. Awakening 35 years later at the far end of the galaxy, he quickly finds himself fighting for his life against a mysterious alien armada that is wreaking havoc on the warring races occupying this volatile sector of space.
Follow the rich and engrossing storyline through a fully 3D, war-torn galaxy with over 10 hours of action-packed gameplay, or head off on an interplanetary journey of your own design: mining asteroids, trading ore and supplies, taking on mercenary missions, working as a pirate and manufacturing new weapons and equipment as you seek adventure and excitement on the final frontier.
- A vast, living galaxy with over 20 solar systems and dozens of beautifully rendered planets
- 100 unique 3D space stations and more than 30 customizable spaceships
- Unique reputation and diplomacy experience systems
- Choose between story-driven, mission-based and sandbox gameplay
- Complex trading system with over 170 different commodities
- High quality visuals and music with 3D sound and full voice acting in English.
- Action Freeze™: 3D screenshot tool to save screenshots from any perspective
GALAXY ON FIRE 2™ HD FEATURES
- All 3D models rebuilt from scratch for console-quality visuals
- Assets, such as jump gates and asteroids, feature even more textures and up to four-times the original resolution
- Individual texture sets for all 30 spaceships including diffuse, normal, and specular maps in High Definition
- Enhanced background images and resolution on space environments and planets for a crystal-clear gaming experience on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S
- Additional light sources for atmosphere and breathtaking realism
- Additional OpenGL shaders and post effects as well as heavily revised explosion, engine flare and muzzle flash special effects
- Native support for HD resolutions of 1024 by 768 pixel (iPad 2) or 960 by 640 pixel (iPhone 4S)
- Synchronisation of save games via iCloud or Open Feint
My humble suggestion for developer to improve on this game
- The user interface needs a little redesign for the iPad as there’s so much wasted space, needs a good comparison between items in the shop
- A moving planet that’s slowly spinning 😀
- I wish to visit some alien planets!
- Market News flash ticker to indicate the need of certain items from other space stations which will determine the price of goods
- Multiplayer options will me amazing if there’s co-op missions
- I understand there’s in-app purchase for Galaxy on Fire 2TM for additional storyline & more called Valkyrie…I hope it can be added to the HD version too!!
Overall, this game is one of the best space exploration & trading game out there in iOS with the new graphical enhancements will means more hours lost to this game for sure!
However for fans who already spent countless hours on the Galaxy on Fire 2 before HD version comes out, it’s kind of pricy to upgrade to the HD version unless you can endure the same story all over again 😀
Category: Games, Flying
Type: Universal App
Price for iPhone: $9.99 (As of: November 8, 2011 Report)
Price for iPad: $9.99 (As of: November 8, 2011 Report)
Price for Mac: $19.99 (As of: November 8, 2011 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!