Seller: Sunfish Studio Limited
Galaxy Pirate Adventure is a high-resolution, full 3D RPG for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch developed by Sunfish Studio.
Acting as the son of the Galaxy Pirate King, you begin an exciting journey to fight against enemies, to form your fleet, to become a commodity trader, and to discover the secret of the galaxy and your true identity.
iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad, iPad 2, iPod Touch 3, and iPod Touch 4
Leading A Fleet of Three
You control a fleet of three spaceships to experience an all-new, 3-on-3 action battle.
Dozens of Spaceships
37 ship models are categorized into six ship grades: Frigate, Transport, Destroyer, Cruiser, Battleship, and Battle Cruiser. Each ship model has its own characteristics and sets of equipments. You are going to build your ships, customize them with 200+ equipments and 200+ crew members, and loot 50+ rare items to power up your ships by completing various robbery missions.
A Large Galaxy World
In 40 hours of gameplay time, you are going to explore a large galaxy composed of 40 starports, 10 solar systems, and two pirate kingdoms of different technology levels. The 700mb content includes not only outstanding graphics, but also exciting background music and an epic story with 44 cinematic cutscenes, a feature that is not often seen in iOS games.
- New type of space battle system
- Too expensive at current price of $4.99
- Space background looks very much like a static image
- Unable to freely move your space ships like most space theme games
- User interface need a little tweaking as it’s feels quite unfriendly to normal users
- Characters need voice overs to make it more “captivating”
- Invest a little more on space background music, the current ones a little good for sleeping
- Experience points not affecting the game play…yet (I’m still a the beginner levels but…)
- I guess I need to explore more or do something to trigger the hidden “golden trading route”?
- Who call a solar system “Mining” or “Abandon”? The other names are not exciting enough too..hmm
- All the star ports interior uses the same background graphics?
- Repetitive “traveling” makes if feel like you are wasting time moving around…might as well skip it to the battle scene
- Voice actors for voice overs will be nice to improve on the story so that we can feel for the characters
- Unless the experience points are used to improve on the odds of winning, it’s like not much use so…use it!
- If you are controlling a big space ship, why do I feel like I’m flying alone? There must be some kind of ship crews talking when the ship got hit like to critical levels, low on energy, warning on being targeted by another ship & etc.
- There should be a quick way to compare new weapons & parts during purchasing so you don’t waste time going back & forth just to buy stuff
- Planets should be able to visit too otherwise why build star ports near them?
- The animation for hyper speed & warp speed should be different so it will feel amazing when warping through warp gate
- I’m not sure if there’s any small fighters for bigger ships but if there are…it will be more awesome
- Massive multiplayer online (not bluetooth) will be amazing
- Oh please animate planets so that we know it’s not a static 2D image.
Overall, I don’t recommend anyone buying at the current price of $4.99 but it might be worth buying if it drops below $3 for space rpg fans but do warn that it is NOT galaxy on fire types of space flying game as you can’t move freely.
Category: Games, RPG
Type: Universal App
Seller: Sunfish Studio Limited
Price for iPhone: $4.99 (As of: October 21, 2011 Report)
Price for iPad: $4.99 (As of: October 21, 2011 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!