Seller: A-Tono s.r.l.
Guardians: The last day of Citadel, is a Unity engine-powered title for iOS. iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Get prepared for a highly addictive arcade game based in a fantasy world, where two opposite factions fight for the control of the land.
The player wears the role of a female warrior: LOREENA EYSGAARD, Captain of the Royal Guard of the Citadel, an ancient fortress built to face the threat of the legions of the demon ‘Vash’.
Loreena begins an epic journey to escape the Citadel when the armies of Vash besiege it.
During her running Loreena has to avoid many hazards, strike down enemies with her weapons, fight big bosses, and use magic to cast spells and open magic portals to continue her journey to salvation.
GUARDIANS takes place on an island, and it’s strongly influenced by Middle Ages, Vikings, Spanish Renaissance, with a touch of pure fantasy. The lands around the Citadel are the most diverse: a forest haunted by giant insects, ancient atzec-looking temples swarming with undead creatures, green plains.
The core GAMEPLAY resembles the classical single player side-scrolling genre, but it puts in place significant variations. All aspects of the game are actually designed to have a very flat learning curve, since it relies on core mechanics that are well known by players. Its innovation comes from taking various gameplay modes from all time classics and merging them in a more fluid and deep experience. It then gradually expands to become richer as the game proceeds and characters collect new objects, equipments and weapons.
- Intuitive Touch Controls: dodge and fight every kind of danger with just one finger
- Stunning 3D graphics: fly through different locations in console quality graphics on many mobile platforms
- Cinematic-Style Fight Sequences: Survive death with amazing fight moves.
- Immersive Story: Follow Loreena in a breathless flight trough different locations of an epic world
- The Gauntlet: Master magic to defeat stronger enemies and activate magic portals
- Original soundtrack: The original soundtrack will immerse you into an epic world.
Universal App – Play Guardians on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2, iPod Touch 3 (16 GB and above), or iPod Touch 4 for a single price.
Optimized for iPhone 4 and iPad 2 – Includes high-resolution graphics that utilize the enhanced visual capabilities of the iPhone 4 and iPad 2.
- Challenging game play to keep you engaged for a long time
- Slight RPG feel to the game with weapon, armor progressively feeling of leveling up.
- Nice 3D Unity graphics.
- Crossing repetitive but fast & hazardous obstacles sometimes can be frustrating, you need lots of practice to overcome feeling of frustration before becoming addictive!
- The game does feels a little short after finding out how to play the game.
- Alternative routes does not feel much different between each other or maybe it’s just me
- After completion of the game, it may need additional “update” to keep players coming back. Maybe part 2?
Overall, I feel this game is a good one time play & it’s relatively challenging at first but will become easier after some practice.
Category: Games, Action RPG
Type: Universal App
Seller: A-Tono s.r.l.
Price for iPhone: $4.99 (As of: August 27, 2011 Report)
Price for iPad: $4.99 (As of: August 27, 2011 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!
***Disclosure***The developer may have provided a “promo code” or paid for a video review for this app review. The provision of a promo code does not impact the outcome of the app review.