Seller: Rockstar Games, Inc.
A fugitive undercover cop framed for murder, hunted by cops and the mob, Max is a man with his back against the wall, fighting a battle he cannot hope to win. Max Payne is a relentless story-driven game about a man on the edge, fighting to clear his name while struggling to uncover the truth about his slain family amongst a myriad of plot-twists.
The groundbreaking original cinematic action-shooter, Max Payne introduced the concept of Bullet Time® in videogames. Through its stylish slow-motion gunplay combined with a dark and twisted story, Max Payne redefined the action-shooter genre.
Max Payne is supported on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4, iPad 1, iPad 2, the new iPad.
- Max Payne’s signature slow motion gunplay, Bullet Time®
- Stunningly sharp, HD quality resolution and textures
- Retina supported resolution for the new iPad
- Gameplay tailored for touch screen devices
- Highly customizable controls
- Multiple aiming modes
- Rockstar Games Social Club integration to track stats, unlock cheats and more*
For optimal performance, we recommend re-booting your device after downloading and closing other applications when playing Max Payne Mobile.
Note: For those using the “Skip to Level” cheat, we recommend that you have weapons in your inventory; as you will start a new level with your current weapon set.
Languages Supported: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian and Japanese.
- For people who have played Max Payne before, this game will bring back all the glorious memory of shooting enemies while flying in mid-air using the bullet time made famous previously in the movie “The Matrix”.
- Interactivity is high and like most shooter games you can flush the toilet, turn on the water, shoot explosive bottle of gas that happen to be around the bad guys
- A variety of weapons that you can carry! It’s amazing Max Payne can still walk with that large amount of weapons & ammo on him! LOL
- Shoot them all! Everyone you see is the bad guy! No need to worry if you shoot any good guys…errr maybe you can spare a few homeless drug addicts along the way. Haha.
- The puzzle solving by using switches reminds me of many classic games including Tomb Raiders & Duke Nukem!
- I hope the developer either lower down the weapon switching or pause the game when you are switching weapons on the iPad as it’s a little too intense to switch weapons while shooting and get frustrated to switch to a baseball bat while the enemies are making you look like swiss cheese! LOL
- I’m hoping there’s a way to customize the length of the bullet time to make it slightly longer so I can properly aim & shoot quickly as it’s not as fluid as using the mouse on a desktop!
Overall, this game needs a little practice and it’s back to the good old days! It’s definitely an instant buy for me & shoot them up games fan but as it’s pretty violent hence I don’t recommend to kids who are below 17 years of age.
Category: Games, Shooter
Type: Universal App
Seller: Rockstar Games, Inc.
Price for iPhone: $2.99 (As of: April 16, 2012 Report)
Price for iPad: $2.99 (As of: April 16, 2012 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!
***Disclosure***The developer may have provided a “promo code” or paid for a video review for this app review. The provision of a promo code does not impact the outcome of the app review.