Seller: Pine Entertainment Company Limited
Build an epic army and command them in Pocket Army!
Play with your friends, build your army and lead them in frantic real-time battle against evils of ever increasing power.
Pocket Army brings together army-building, RPG elements, hack and slash action quests, and friend competition, resulting in an engaging gameplay experience.
- Play online with thousands of other players
- BATTLE your friends LIVE! (GAME CENTER & FACEBOOK)
- Gorgeous RETINA graphics
- Customize your hero via dozens of unique skills, weapons, armors, shields and rings
- Invite friends to fight for you and make your army stronger!
- Build an epic army of swordsmen, archers, magicians and many other unit types
- Plan strategy for each real time battle
- Intense battle with BOSS!
- Conquer enemies across the vast world map
- Dozens quests to complete
- Join monthly events for rare rewards
Note: Make sure you play online to gain access to the latest content and features, and to ensure that your profile is backed up online.
PLEASE NOTE! Pocket Army is free to play, but it contains items that can be purchased for real money. You can toggle these purchases on/off in the “Restrictions” menu on your device.
* Works on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (3rd and 4th gen), and iPad, iPad 2 and the New iPad. *
Requires iOS 4.2 or later.
- You can build an epic army over time to fight almost endless numbers of levels which is VERY satisfying
- This game can save your progress online and continue with a different device with the same game center account
- It’s quite possible to complete the game without paying in real cash to buy the in game cash & gems
- It’s free!
- There’s a small & annoying bug (version 1.0.1) when you close the game center the screen looks stretched to portrait mode which is bad. You have to quit the game completely & close the app at the multi-task bar (double tap home button) to restart the game to resolve this issue. (Note: this bug is fixed!)
- The game initially was pretty repetitive but do play it a few more levels to get to the difficult levels and not to mention playing against your friends
- The different characteristics of each army units are not explained fully such as the range & speed of different units are not specified. Tip: try to identify the positions of your unit based on their speed & range.
Overall, pocket army works as a casual strategy RPG castle defense game that you can play for a short time while waiting for friends or play a long time if you want to grind for in game cash & gems to upgrade your army.
As a free game, it sure can fill up loads of your free time building the most epic army for your daily hack & slash!
Tips & Tricks
- It’s easy to play “catch me if you can” with Abaddon by avoiding the slashes going behind & infront of him before he attacks. But it will take some practice to make the timing correctly so bring loads of long range units to finish him off!
- When you increased your army with “The main” or “Rear”, the Van team always show up first in battle, but if the battle is too hard to beat and Van team can not stand, the Main Army will charge just right after. It means that if there’s only 1-2 soldiers in Van team, the Main team come up very quickly to help.
In case you want to use Main team only, just leave all Van slot blank and we will bring to the battle 12 units of the Main team.
- You can have free troops by adding your friends’ troops! When you are deploying troops notice there’s a “FRIEND” option on the top, touch that and you can “Ask Friend” for that unit of that upgrade. The health of that troop depends on the level of your friend you asked for help, the higher your friend’s level the higher the health of the unit.
If you have any more tips & tricks for Pocket Army, feel free to comment below! Sharing is love!
Category: Games, Action RPG
Type: Universal App
Seller: Pine Entertainment Company Limited
Price for iPhone: Free (As of: July 26, 2012 Report)
Price for iPad: Free (As of: July 26, 2012 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!
***Disclosure***The developer may have provided a “promo code” or paid for a video review for this app review. The provision of a promo code does not impact the outcome of the app review.