Strategic tower defense game with nostalgic graphics of old plastic looking toy soldiers!
- 48 perfectly designed levels (Free version only have 30 levels)
- Four historically accurate weapons with 24 upgrades
- 16 awards
- Nine different enemies
- Intense World War I atmosphere
- GameCenter and OpenFeint support
- Retina support for the new iPad
- Facebook support
- Bring back the good old days of playing plastic toy soldiers in the sand pit!! 😀
- The strategic planning of the game is crucial to winning, I love that it makes me think hard.
- When you upgrade your “towers” you will see some changes in the range, graphics, animation speed and more
- Your “Towers” will get damage or destroyed if you never repair them in time! So this makes it a challenge!
- The upgrade tree of your “towers” feels very RPG like to me and you have to plan carefully to get the maximum result!
- You can go back and replay your old levels if you did not get the maximum of stars by getting the “Gold” status for that level. This means more satisfying bang bang
- If you are good at this game, you may upgrade all the “towers” without paying a single cent which is fair to hard core gamers! For people who can’t wait to beat this game can buy the upgrades but still need skills in placing strategic positions, leveling timing and more to beat the game.
- Did I mention you can save experienced “towers” to bring them to the next level? Coolness!
Cons for version 1.0
- The “tower” hero that you want save for the next level don’t have an “icon” to indicate if their upgrade are defensive in nature or offensive. I hope the developer can add a simple badge to indicate that so that I can choose the “tower” carefully
- The maps sometimes get a little repetitive with only slight changes in the number of placement slots for towers
- The paid version only have 18 more levels than the free version? Is there any additional features for the paid version? If no, then why have a paid version just to get 18 more levels than the free version? Since there’s in-app purchase for the stars, might as well make it all free.
Overall, I find this game satisfying to play as it’s simple to play yet tough to get perfect scores for all the levels. The complexity increase slowly as you get higher levels and it does makes it a tough game to beat!
- Put your hero towers (with experience) further back nearer to your base so that you can let your newbie towers to gain more experience
- Always save spare money and wait for the aircraft “starting” beacon to appear before placing anti-aircraft gun.
- Listen to the sounds carefully and you can identify which sound represent an attack to your tower
- Identify which tower are attacked the most often and choose the upgrade to be “defensive” instead to have higher life
- Flame thrower will burn the enemies over time hence is best place near the starting of the path
- You can put a tower in your base!
- Balance your upgrades with buying new towers, don’t upgrade too much if you need cannon or anti-aircraft gun
- Know what’s coming next by checking the top center icons
- flamethrower will damage the enemy more if it is positioned closer to the road
Category: Games, Tower Defence
Type: Separate App
Price for iPhone: $0.99 (As of: May 3, 2012 Report)
Price for iPad: $2.99 (As of: May 3, 2012 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!