Seller: Apple Inc.
Find My Friends app
- Quickly & easily see locations of those who’ve opted to share their location with you
- you can tell their longitude and Latitude, from this application
- can invite friends to share their location for a limited time
- Invite your friends to share for a few hours while they’re driving to you, so when they call you lost you can more easily re-route them.
- there are parental controls too — no creepy stalkers iStalking
- Scans your library, adds all the good stuff that iTunes has to add, and uploads anything that isn’t in iTunes already.
- You can stream your entire library by just tapping on it, playlists too
- Intelligently stored on device
- Matched songs upgraded to 256 kbps AAC DRM-free format
- iTunes Match available End of October 2011 (U.S.)
- iCloud stores your apps, music, documents, photograph, calendar, books & contacts
- iCloud is free for iOS 5 & Lion users with 5GB of online data free but you can buy more if you want
- iCloud available October 12, 2011
- iMessage service between iOS 5 users
- Twitter Integration
- Reminder app
- Yelp with location aware
- Newsstand – magazine
- Double-tap on home button to take a photo
- Volume up to take photo too
- New Safari updates – readable page, tabbed browsing (iPad)
- Mail updates now, adding rich formatting. Indentation, moving addresses around, flagging them
- iCloud assisted wireless updates (no need a computer anymore)
- iOS 5 will drop on October 12, 2011!
Infinity Blade II will be available on the App Store 1st December 2011.
iPhone 4S Specification
- 2X Faster Download, Theoretical download speeds are now twice, 14.4Mbps (HSDPA) versus 7.2 on the iPhone 4.
- intelligently switch between the two antennas between transmit and receive
- 3G Talk Time (8 hrs), 3G Browsing (6 hrs), Wi-Fi Browsing (9 hrs), Video (10 hrs), Music (40 hrs), 2G Talk Time (14 hrs)
- Dual core processor
- Up to 2X faster CPU
- Dual core graphics
- Up to 7X faster graphics
- 8 megapixel
- 1080p HD video recording
- Wireless mirroring
- Video image stabilization
- Temporal noise reduction
- 26% better auto white balance
- Face detection
- New Apple Designed ISP (Image Signal Processor)
- Five element lens
- 30% more sharpness
- f/2.4 aperture
- Hybrid IR filter
- Better Color accuracy
- More color uniformity
- Backside illumination
- 73% more light
- 33% faster capture
- 8 megapixel sensor
- 3264 x 2448
- 60% more pixels
Beta Siri voice command
- Natural Language
- Works with built-in apps
- Dictation anywhere
- 3G + Wi-Fi
- Can use hands free using bluetooth headset!
iPhone 3GS 8GB FREE with 2 years contract
iPhone 4 8GB $99 with 2 years contract
iPhone 4S Black and white versions 16GB: $199, 32GB for $299, 64GB for $399 with 2 years contract
Pre-orders for the 4S start this friday, the 7th October 2011
It’ll hit US, Canada, Australia, the UK, France, Germany, and Japan on October 14th. In the US it’ll be Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint!
It will hit 22 more countries, On the 28th October!
- Czech Republic
I purposely skipped over the iPod shuffle, iPod nano & iPod touch because it’s all old news just probably different prices…that will be available on October 12 too.
There had been plenty of disappointed folks in the technology community half expecting iPhone 5 to come out blasting the competitors away with better design outlook with thinner hardwares but obviously the higher the expectation the higher the disappointment.
Personally, I find the form factor for the iPhone 4S (or iPhone 4) design is already relatively solid & I quite like it very much already and have not much complaints about it’s performance other than the dying “home” button which is always the wear & tear problem.
Now with the SIRI upgrade to the iPhone 4S, the home button probably will “die” off much quicker then normal but many may debate it’s not wear & tear but other software or memory problems due to background running apps which will have NO issue for iPhone 4S because of higher CPU power (& probably higher memory but not stated)
I’m quite happy that the camera got a much better upgrade which can probably kick many dedicated cameras & camcorders OFF the market and make many iPhone 4S owners to become great reporters on the street!
The Siri voice commands are nothing new in the market but it’s implementation are much easier & with more tighter integration with yelp, maps, weather, schedules, reminders & messages makes me feels like a spy (if it works with my asian accent hehe) and excellent for the blind.
There’s twitter integration which is great and there’s no facebook….I think Apple should just BUY twitter & integrate into Gamecenter which will be WONDERFUL.
Although the battery life stated for iPhone 4S are pretty nice but it didn’t specify the battery life for gaming which probably will use more CPU power then video watching or 3G Internet browsing.
Time will tell if I need to invest in battery packs when I get my hands on iPhone 4S, probably not.
Overall, the specification bump are not super amazing on the LTA (4G) fast internet but it’s almost similar in speed or have the NFC chip payment integration which is currently not widely adopted yet (Paypal will win this round or even Apple iTunes account payment can win NFC).
My advice for people holding iPhone 4 now to wait for your contract is over before investing on iPhone 4S (which probably by then iPhone 5 may come out) & iPhone 3GS & below owners to get this iPhone 4S as it’s definitely an excellent smart phone to upgrade to. (Better battery life, retina, Siri, faster, best camera & more)
My contract for my iPhone 4 still left about 6 – 7 more months to go hence unable to upgrade without topping up additional cash (early adopter penalty) which I’m not willing to do for now so I will wait faithfully for the contract to end before investing in iPhone 4S or iPad 3.
Do share what you feel and if you will queue up for the iPhone 4S in the comments below!
Seller: Apple Inc. Follow @SimonTay78
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!
***Disclosure***The developer may have provided a “promo code” or paid for a video review for this app review. The provision of a promo code does not impact the outcome of the app review.