Seller: Cynapse India Pvt. Ltd
- Works worldwide – Explore your location wherever you are
- Find places around you using Google, Bing, Foursquare, Twitter, and Wikimapia, side-by-side without even retyping your query
- Lookup your recent and favorite search phrases or browse everything nearby in a tap
- Not restricted to your neighborhood – Discover places around an address in your contacts or any place in the world
- Consume search results in 3 uniquely useful views: List, Map and Augmented Reality
- Call, open maps for directions or create contacts from the results in a tap
- 3 dimensional compass engine, gives real time location updates with distance and direction meters that always point to the right directions no matter how you hold your phone
- Switch between miles / yards (US) and kilometers / meters (Metric) easily
- Integrates with Navigon MobileNavigator and TomTom’s navigation app to get turn by turn directions to a search result
- Integrates with Facebook and Twitter apps on iOS devices for seamless sharing
- Google’s data may be plenty but not all are updated
- Bing’s data is miserable
- There are no commenting system to inform others about that particular location (Recommendation Or Updates)
- Do not have it’s own database of locations that means any new updates can only depends on 3rd party search engines
- You cannot select individual marker in the “Map View”
- The category (e.g. Beach) may generate random & wrong results (Usually some seafood restaurants or road name)
Overall this applications does save you time & effort in searching nearby & local places that you wanted to know urgently, it’s extremely useful if you are traveling overseas & have signed up for data plans for your iPhone making this an excellent travel companion.
The design is very polish & takes many ideas from many social applications design like twitter & more making the navigation user interface idiot proof.
My suggestion to the developer is to add commenting & sharing options within the application about certain location that they found (Similar to foursquare) hence able to either inform or recommend that particular location but it need to filter spam & trolls.
I will still recommend this application as it is very handy for drivers & tourist worldwide but can be improve on greatly if they have their own database & check in options.
The v1.5 update enables users to search for a location using any of the social networks or search engines within Localscope and get turn by turn directions to it using one of the 6 integrated navigation apps. The integrated apps are MotionX GPS Drive, Social GPS Navigation Waze, Australia & New Zealand based MetroView, TomTom, Navigon MobileNavigator and the default iOS Maps App. This integration gives the user a complete experience from searching for a location, reading reviews & more and finally reaching it.
iPhone users who speak French, Italian, German and Spanish also have something to be happy about. They can now use Localscope in their native languages. It’s a highly requested feature that makes the entire experience seamless.
A lot more fixes and performance enhancements have been done in v1.5. To know more, do read the blog post here: http://www.cynapse.com/blog/announcing-localscope-version-15-perfect-find-and-drive-companion
A quick rundown of the new features in version 1.5:
- Now auto detects and integrates with MotionX GPS Drive, Waze Social GPS navigation and MetroView Australia & New Zealand GPS Navigation apps
- Now available in 4 new languages including German, French, Italian and Spanish
- Improved Facebook sharing. A thumbnail image of the map point is shared along with the link to the location giving your friends a quick glimpse of the point on the map
- Scroll to the top of any list by simply tapping on the device status bar
Type: iPhone/iPodTouch Only
Seller: Cynapse India Pvt. Ltd
Price for iPhone: $1.99 (As of: March 11, 2011 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!