Seller: Zite, Inc.
Zite is a personalized magazine for your iPad that automatically learns what you like and gets smarter as you use it.
Zite gives you personalized news, articles, blogs, videos and other content from a variety of both mainstream and niche publications and sites.
Zite can personalize by syncing with your Twitter or Google Reader account or on its own.
Features or Pros
- Personalization that works automatically as you use, read and view content—you don’t need to do anything for it to work.
- If you have Twitter or Google Reader you can sync your account to give the personalization a boost before you start using the app.
- 1000’s of magazine sections to choose from using a smart auto-suggest tool—if you want to create a personalized magazine that’s about motorcycles, cats, and vegetarianism then that is your choice.
- It’s optional, but you can thumb up and down content, or say you want more on a particular topic or from a particular source so your sections become even more personalized through your selections.
- Share content you like to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Evernote and via e-mail.
- Back up your articles to read later via ReadItLater and Instapaper!
- You WILL spend the whole day reading it, productivity drop! 😀
- Not yet implement any Google+ sharing (Can’t blame them, google+ not officially public yet)
- Not all articles points readers to the full website article which means content owners lose some advertising revenues.
I got a crazy idea, if the developer can pull content out of websites and display so elegantly on a iPad …why can’t they pull advertising out from websites they have used.
Just randomized one advertising to display per page with the developer placing one of their own in the loop too.
This way both the content owners & Zite’s developer can benefit from this arrangement and I bet all the content owners will promote Zite as the key reader of their websites.
Type: iPad Only
Seller: Zite, Inc.
Price for iPad: Free (As of: Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!