Seller: Kirill Edelman
ARTIFACT lets you paint pictures with pictures.
This “clone stamp” tool on steroids helps you quickly alter photos or create collages. Paint with live video or with a photo. Now you can give your dog a luxurious mustache, or attach bird’s wings to your friends’ heads. Only your imagination is the limit.
There are two layers – INPUT on the top, and CANVAS on the bottom.
Paint on the screen to transfer whatever is currently on the INPUT layer to the CANVAS.
You can move, rotate and scale the two layers relative to each other and change what’s loaded into INPUT at any time.
- INPUT can be an IMAGE, or video stream from FRONT or BACK camera (on iPad2 and iPhone).
- INPUT can auto-pause video when painting, or you can turn that off and paint LIVE!
- INPUT and CANVAS can be moved / scaled / rotated independently of each other, or locked together (for zooming in for precise painting).
- Multi-touch painting is supported.
- Different brush shapes and painting modes (Replace, Multiply, Screen, Color, Lumina and Erase).
- Brush can be tinted with a color.
- Undo / Redo (you can shake the phone to undo as well).
- Load pictures from Camera Roll or directly from Facebook (friends’ public photos)
- Save to Camera Roll, email out or share/tag friends on Facebook.
- Manage which buttons you want visible or hidden on the tools ribbon (useful if you want your kids to use only the basic features, or to maximize the working space).
- Tools ribbon can be collapsed and expanded for more painting space.
- Both vertical and horizontal orientations are supported.
- I hope the developer can add other photo editing features such as auto brightness, contrast of the layer to match the canvas
- My test on my iPad 2 with iOS 4.3.3 with the version 1.1 of Artifact is still prone to crash losing some progress making it frustrating.
Overall, it is much better then the competition but need to improve further to make it the ultimate photo editing application on iOS! I highly recommend this app to anyone who love to make photo collages & effects on photoshop.
However, it’s not 100% as powerful as photoshop but you can use other applications like “Photogene” to compliment the final editing like cropping, voice bubble box & color, brightness & other adjustments.
Great News for the new year! Developer of Kirill Edelmam had given me many promo codes for Artifact! I will put it here for everyone to use just put in the comment which one you had taken so that others won’t waste their time used codes!
Category: Photo & Video
Type: Universal App
Seller: Kirill Edelman
Price for iPhone: $2.99 (As of: December 10, 2011 Report)
Price for iPad: $2.99 (As of: December 10, 2011 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!
***Disclosure***The developer may have provided a “promo code” or paid for a video review for this app review. The provision of a promo code does not impact the outcome of the app review.