Seller: FiftyThree, Inc.
Paper is where ideas begin. It’s the easiest and most beautiful way to create on iPad. Capture your ideas as sketches, diagrams, illustrations, notes or drawings and share them across the web.
MOBILE CREATION DONE RIGHT
Paper was designed from the ground up for touch and creating on the go. No fussy buttons, settings or other distractions. Paper works the way you think, like a familiar notebook or journal. Have all of your ideas with you in one place.
PURCHASE MORE TOOLS FROM IN-APP STORE
- Sketch. Ideas start here. The pencil blends from light to dark for sketching scenes, objects, and thoughts in rough form.
- Write. Words never looked so beautiful. Write messages, add captions, or create lists with this quality ink pen.
- Outline. Think bold. Graph insights, create a storyboard, or outline a presentation with this marker. Black lines stay black.
- Color. Give color to your ideas. Move from a light wash to deep, rich color in one stroke with this watercolor made easy. You’ve got to try it.
- Expressive Ink Engine – custom ink engine reacts to your movements to optimize each tool for the process of creation.
- Retina Resolution – Built for the new iPad’s brilliant display. With a full 2048×1536 canvas
- Share your creation via Tumblr, send them over email, or share pages with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Optionally you can also save to photo album too.
- The simple user interface makes it one of the easiest note taking, drawing or sketching application on the iPad
- The expressive ink feels so natural as it thickens when you move faster for “draw” tool making it so much closer to the feeling of real pen & paper experience.
- The two finger undo/redo feature is one of the simplest implementation on any iPad application I have ever seen
- It’s free with in-app purchase to let you try before you buy the upgrades which is pretty cool
- I wish the developer add in more colors or even better a color picker if possible
- The eraser doesn’t have a thickness settings so it’s hard to erase smaller regions, I hope a scroll bar will pop up when you touch on the eraser to set the thickness of the eraser
- You cannot rest your palm onto the screen while you are writing words which makes it a little uncomfortable, why not make the menu as the “palm rest”? Or a digital cloth to be able to drag from the corner?
- I also wish for an automatic date setting for each journal so that I can sort according to date.
- Another feature which I think some business users will want is the option to export the whole journal as PDF and email to their boss as minutes/reports/design ideas.
- Add all the above features in a way that won’t compromise the simplicity of the app will be great!
Overall, this application have rave reviews all over the internet due to it’s simplicity in the user interface and realistic ink reaction based on your speed of drawing.
I do recommend this app for people who like simplicity however the price of the in-app purchase still on the high side which makes it more expensive (if you buy all the tools) than the next best drawing app “procreate” that have more “bells & whistles” at lower price.
Type: iPad Only
Seller: FiftyThree, Inc.
Price for iPad: Free $ Upgrades (As of: Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!