Seller: Google, Inc
Finally Google+ have released an iPad-optimized layout brings your google+ stream to life!
- Pinch and expand posts right in your stream to add your comments
- Use two fingers to drag a post from your stream to easily re-share it
- Start a Hangout from your iPad and stream it to your TV using AirPlay
- New iPad-optimized layout
- Share photos directly to Events for all your friends to enjoy
- Video chat with up to 9 friends with mobile Hangouts
- Turn on Instant Upload to sync photos from your phone to a private Google+ album
- Chat with a friend or all your friends at once with Messenger from your phone (v3.0 don’t have messenger on iPad apparently, do correct me if I’m wrong)
- Check out the What’s Hot stream to see popular posts
- View the Nearby stream to see what people near your location are saying
- See vibrant, high-resolution images on Retina display devices
- There’s no Events on the iPad (v3.0)
- There’s no Messenger on the iPad (v3.0) – do correct me if I’m wrong.
- You can’t share the articles or post to other social networks like twitter, facebook or even save to instapaper or read it later
- I hope to have the ability to change the font size too, the current fonts are a little too small
The new update may be lacking some features on purpose or maybe I’m wrong and the Events and messenger feature are hiding somewhere within the app on the iPad.
Overall, I find this update still amazing for the iPad and can bring me to google+ more often but I do wish google can open up google+ more so that we can really use google+ to share to other social networks or save it to read articles later in instapaper or pocket.
One more thing, I also wish to have a keyword blocking so that I can block any articles that have various keywords that is/are offensive to me.
However, as a free application this app is definitely a must have for google fans.
Category: Social Networking
Type: Universal App
Seller: Google, Inc
Price for iPhone: Free (As of: July 12, 2012 Report)
Price for iPad: Free (As of: July 12, 2012 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!
***Disclosure***The developer may have provided a “promo code” or paid for a video review for this app review. The provision of a promo code does not impact the outcome of the app review.