Seller: iPhoGame Dev, inc.
Air Playit HD – Streaming Video Music to iPad. Access Your Video & Music Library Anywhere.
please visit http://www.airplayit.com to free download and install Air Playit Server.
Air Playit is a video streaming & player app, it is designed to streaming videos audios to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Air Playit is capable of streaming and playing 320 different video & audio formats on your devices via WiFi and 3G/4G network.
It acts as your personal audio video cloud server & player, and lets you watch videos on the go.
Support DRM Videos that purchase from iTunes Store.
Compatible with iOS 5.
Air Playit HD Main Features :
*Live Convert and Streaming Videos.
Air Playit is able to convert videos on the fly and stream videos to your devices. Play MKV, AVI, WMV videos on your iPhone iPad immediately without doing any tedious converting beforehand.
* Offline Conversion and Download to your iPhone iPad.
With offline task manager, you can add and manage video conversion tasks on your iPhone iPad, and download the videos to your devices over air. Watch the videos later when you have no network connection.
* Streaming Audio and Auto Cache Music Library.
Air Playit automatically caches all playing music stream to files. Play the cached music without using WiFi/3G/4G bandwidth. Support MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV audio formats.
* Built in HTTP Server
The built-in HTTP server lets you access the audios and videos stored on your PC or Mac via any web browser. Air Playit Server supports M3U playlist format. Play the streaming video via VLC or Apple QuickTime player.
* Support Apple TV-Out
Air Playit supports Apple TV-Out so that you can easily stream video & music to TV via iPhone iPad.
Other Features :
* Enable hardware encoding of Air Playit Server with CUDA.
* Support Multi-tasking Music Background Playback; guarantee smooth playing even in case of screen lock.
* Automated server discovery on local network by Bonjour Service.
* Add remote server by specifying IP address.
* Support streaming all 1080P/1080i HD videos, such as MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, TP, MPEG-TS, AVC and MOD.
* Support regular videos including MPEG1/2, WMV, ASF, AVI, MOV, RM/RMBV, FLV, MP4, H.264, M4V, WTV, WebM.
* Support multi-audio tracks video and let you choose any language in the video file.
* Adjust video/audio quality and resolution for each video individually.
* Choose and adjust default video/audio quality, resolution and FPS for different network connection type including local WiFi, remote WiFi, 3G and 4G to get the highest video viewing effect.
* Automatically list the recent played videos and remember the last play point for each video.
* Download all compatible Audios videos to Download Library inside iPhone or iPad.
* Setup permissions to the shared folders. Three permission levels are available: Admin, Kids and Public.
* Resume downloading at breaking-point. If you already started downloading the video, Air Playit can remember and lets you choose whether to download from where you left off, or to start over.
* Option to remotely power off your home computer after finishing watching.
Please download the Air Playit Server at http://www.airplayit.com
For user guide go to http://www.airplayit.com/support.htm
- You can use this app to remote view all media from your desktop back home while you are outside!
- Ability to watch what you want where you want and when you want it using WIFI, 3G, 4G or remote WIFI!
- Convert videos from other formats remotely!
- Amazing controls in the quality you want from the streaming
- Supports both window & mac which is cool
- Some user want a search capability as they have way too much medias in their desktops that it’s kind of hard to find what they want to watch even thou you can sort according to alphabetical, time, size and in ascending or descending order
- Some larger media does have problems of pausing while buffering even thou I’m on WIFI at home, it may be a bug but iPad compatible format (smaller size) don’t have such problem. I’m not sure if this is a bug however maybe for the developer to check on .mov format if there’s any unnecessary pause.
- There should be a in-app video or step by step instructions on how to port forward, I blame the router manufacturers for creating complicated router web settings but there should be easier way to teach people about port forwarding.
- Not everyone have static IP address that doesn’t change when you reset your router, so this app will consistently fail on remote access if your router power connection are too loose and the IP address goes to a different one suddenly. Contact your local Internet service provider(ISP) to check if your IP is dynamic or static however most static IP comes at a cost.
Instructions on port forwarding
- Go to your router setting usually is 192.168.0.1 on your web browser
- Login if you have the username & password for the router, if not ask your ISP or google for default username & password (which after hard reset with a pin behind the router will reset to factory default password which may always be “admin” & “password” depending of which router types)
- When you are in your router setting, find services and create a new service for “Air Playit” and put the port start & end at 37218
- If you cannot find “services” which some router don’t have, simply search for firewall rules or something similar and find option for port forward
- Or you can find add inbound services and add one service for port 37218
- The IP address for the inbound access to will go to your computer IP address which can be found in your desktop network setting
- After the router setting is saved, go to your iPad or iPhone and add remote server with IP address manually.
- Add the “Internet IP address” for internet access for the remote server on your iPad or iPhone using the one found in “Air Playit” preference on your desktop
- If you use admin pin, remember to add it in the setting on your iPad then add the remote server
- From here on, you can access your desktop media files using Air Playit app on your iPhone or iPad remotely via 3G, 4G or even remote WIFI.
Overall, I find this app very similar to other apps such as Air Video & etc but it does tried to make a difference by placing an apple advertisement with EVERY video played so that the app remains either very cheap or free for users!
That means more people can get “Air Playit” on your iPhone or iPad for free and see more of their 5 seconds advertisement instead of charging expensive price on this quality app! 😀
Type: Separate App
Seller: iPhoGame Dev, inc.
Price for iPhone: Free (As of: March 9, 2012 Report)
Price for iPad: Free (As of: March 9, 2012 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!