Seller: Crop Duster Media
Use your voice to set alarms, ask for the news or weather, play music, listen to your Twitter & Facebook feeds and more. It’s like your personal “bedside butler” that understands your every need.
PICTURE THIS SCENE: You’ve just woken up to songs from your favorite playlist or perhaps your favorite internet radio channel and you’d like to know if it’s going to rain today, or perhaps the score of last night’s football match, or how about what your friends are saying on Facebook or Twitter. With Wake Smarter you can hear it all from the comfort of your bed!
This is the first app that lets you customize your alarm with the information that you want to hear, when you want to hear it. Set your alarm with the following options, in any order you choose:
- Internet radio or songs from your playlist
- Local or world news stories
- Weather & forecast reports for the day
- Events listed in your personal calendar
- Birthday reminders for family & friends
- Facebook postings or Twitter feeds
- Pre-recorded “celebrity” wake up messages
- Sport scores, traffic reports or your favorite blog
- Your horoscope, the joke of the day or a daily inspirational quote
- Your own voice recorded message
- Custom messages that you type and have read to you
- Over 20 unique alarm sounds
- Unique smart alarm that sets itself apart from other ordinary alarm clock!
- Landscape mode!
- Universal mode which means can view full screen on iPad and iPhone!
- Night mode so that you won’t feel so bright when you see your clock (iPhone or iPad)
- Internet Radio as alarm makes sure every time you wake up to a new music!
- Voice control to activate commands within the application!
- So many nice features I cannot list them all!
- To snooze for 2nd alarm ring just press & hold the screen when it rings!
- Queued “alarm actions” to play one by one is one innovative idea!
- Skip individual “alarm actions” by tapping the screen!
- Sleep timer let you set some soothing music to sleep for a predetermined time set by you!
- I wish to use my own photo album to set the background
- The design of the analog clock needs more variety
- The voice control cannot identify some of my asian English in a noisy environment
- no “auto” night mode based on the time?
- I had experienced some bugs before upgrading to iOS 5.1.1 like the standby alarm sounded together with the “Alarm Actions” while app is open but I believe that bug had been crushed by iOS 5.1.1 hmm anyone experience bugs do comment
- Design of the application need some fresh ideas to make it look more professional or apple like.
- You need to be within the application to hear the alarm actions, hmm impressive they managed to time a push with alarm sound but that may be not enough for people wanting to snooze but accidentally closed the app at night. But it’s better then nothing!
Overall, I find that this application does work as promised (version 1.4) using iOS 5.1.1 and it’s a refreshing change from the standard Apple’s alarm clock!
I like how this app thinks of all the cool ideas and implement them successfully especially the alarm actions which I like very much, by the time I finished listening to all my actions I’m fully awake and alert!
Yes, finally I can add a playlist to my alarm that can “REALLY WAKE ME UP” hehehe
Type: Universal App
Seller: Crop Duster Media
Price for iPhone: $2.99 (As of: June 4, 2012 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!
***Disclosure***The developer may have provided a “promo code” or paid for a video review for this app review. The provision of a promo code does not impact the outcome of the app review.