ToonPAINT allows you to easily create awesome looking cartoon-paintings with your own photos.
- IMPORT: Import pictures from your iPhone or iPod touch, or even take a snapshot with the iPhone’s built-in camera.
- MAGISKETCH: State-of-the-Art image processing algorithms process your input image to create a customizable sketch, fully automatically. You can create many exciting effects just by adjusting the basic and advanced MagiSketch settings.
- You can color-in the MagiSketch by painting with your finger to create amazing images within minutes.
- You can access three different color pickers by double-tapping on the palette colors. (From rainbow color palette, photograph color, and from existing painted color which I forgot to mention! oops!)
- Your current session is automatically saved when you load a new image, so you can continue it at a later time.
- UNDO/REDO: You can correct any painting mishaps by shaking the iPhone, or by accessing undo/redo via the “bomb” icon.
- NAVIGATION: While you paint, you can pinch-zoom and pan to give you the most control over your painting.
- New to painting? We’ve got your back! When you first use ToonPAINT, help screens instruct you about the functionality of the app. For more advanced users, we provide in-app hints and tips.
- ToonPAINT now supports 10 different languages (English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish)
- Kids will love this coloring application as well as adults!
- There are no universal app to use on the iPad on default full screen currently
- It does looks difficult when using it for the first time, the learning curve is steep but satisfying
- You need to go through all the tips in the application to get you going! 😀 (or watch my video above)
In my video I had missed out the palette on the center button when choosing color that chooses existing color that had been painted on the picture itself hence it’s easy to select colors that you had replaced by other colors.
Overall, this app is a 4 star over 5 basically just because it’s not on the iPad via Universal app but it’s still a very good application for the young & old alike.
Type: iPhone/iPodTouch Only
Price for iPhone: $1.99 (As of: March 9, 2011 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!