Seller: Path, Inc.
Path is the smart journal that helps you share life with the ones you love — your thoughts, the music you’re listening to, where you are, who you’re with, when you wake and when you sleep, and beautiful high quality photos and videos.
And for those of you who like to share on public networks like Twitter, Foursquare, Tumblr, and Facebook, you can easily check-in, upload photos and videos, blog, and tweet directly from Path.
- Absolutely stunning user interface, easy to pick up & use without hassle
- Ability to share photographs, short 40 seconds video, geo location, music you are listening and more!
- Find out who ARE looking at your post & if they like it or not with smiley emotion icons!
- Get notified if your facebook or twitter friends had just joined path, so you can add them!
- Feels more faster then facebook’s Timeline with similar features! (Cover & avatar images as well!)
- You get to hear a short preview of music people are listening to and even get links to buy from iTunes!
- When you press “sleep” you see nice moon animation & when you press “awake” it calculate how much hours you slept!
- I hope the developer can consider a iPad version and create much more amazing timeline display with larger screen!
- iTunes had longer music preview than 30 seconds I think
- 40 seconds of video upload seems a little short, if there’s a limit at least give a count down to stop filming.
- The limit of 150 friends is a serious problem, if you have unlimited friends in twitter & facebook you will break that limit pretty quick and it’s hard to unfollow new friends who followed you.
- You have to set the notification to stop pushing notification whenever someone post a photo or you get SPAMMED! Should set by default to off! 😀
- You have to login to path.com/login to switch/remove twitter or facebook accounts! That link is not listed in any path website or iTunes description making users confused!
- You cannot link more than one twitter or facebook accounts, only one account each.
- It crash on the iPad often when I didn’t turn on GPS location on.
- Some Chinese songs are not sang by the original singer LOL
- Path only exist in mobile (iPhone & Android) and not on desktop yet I think which should have to overtake facebook & twitter!
Humble suggestions to developer
- Set different types of notification for different groups of people, this way you can keep the limit of 150 friends & family (with notification settings apply to them) and other groups call “new friends or stranger” to have a strict settings like “No push notification, or emails” by default but still will show up as avatar if they view/comment on your post.
This way, you can always keep in touch with the people (with push notification) who matter while continue to reach more interesting new friends! This way, popular people don’t need to remove friends as most of them are precious.
- Place “Friends & family” avatars as priority when they view or comment your posts to be the first 150 avatars to show up, a link to next page to show “Others” if people that’s not in the 150 friends & family viewed your post.
If LESS than 150 “friends & family” read your post then “others” can fill in the empty space after “friends & family” avatars
- Ability to restrict individual to comment on your post, block user (Basically makes that blocked user invisible to both party)
- Ability to flag unwanted contents to limit it’s exposure to others (if enough flags are received, it will then be hidden from timelines of everyone
- Ability to put links into timeline and also built in browser to read articles posted by others
There are countries outside of USA that cannot buy music from iTunes like Singapore (80% all iPhone users and we can’t buy movies as well) but that’s Apple’s problem.
I had noticed facebook had implemented some similar features on facebook app such as showing avatars of people who had followed you but they haven’t haven’t add the Path features of who had seen your post!
Overall, this free iPhone application is a must have for facebook & twitter lovers!
Category: Social Networking
Type: iPhone/iPodTouch Only
Seller: Path, Inc.
Price for iPhone: Free (As of: January 1, 2012 Report)
Like SimonVideo on Facebook
Subscribe to simonvideo.com by Email
Subscribe to iTunes Podcast!